Injectables have become more popular than ever over recent years. If you’ve been considering treating skin concerns with injections, you’ve likely realized there are many to choose from. While Botox is the most recognized brand of injectables, there are other options, such as Belotero.
How do you decide which injectable is right for you? Keep reading to have all your injectables questions answered.
Botox is a type of injectable treatment that can help with many conditions. In the skin industry, it’s used to help reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles due to aging, especially on the face.
However, Botox can also help some medical conditions like excessive sweating, migraines, neck spasms, and lazy eye.
Botox blocks signals from nerves in your body, letting your muscles relax. This gives you relief from cosmetic lines and wrinkles. The treatment is injected into the area you want to target with tiny needles. Patients will usually see results in one to three days following a Botox injection.
Other injectables, such as Belotero, are dermal filler treatments. They help reduce the appearance of fine lines and folds in the skin. The hyaluronic acid base is injected into the problem area and will plump up the skin.
Filler treatments are most often done on the cheeks, nose, eyes, chin, and lips. There are even special versions of fillers made especially for the lips, such as Juvéderm. The results happen almost immediately and can provide a more youthful appearance.
Common uses for fillers include:
- Filling in the lines around the eyes
- Reducing under-eye bags
- Filling in wrinkles and lines on the forehead
- Plumping the lips
- Contouring the cheek or jawline
- Correcting small bumps on the nose
- Treating certain types of acne
What’s the Difference?
The biggest difference between Botox and other injectables is how they address issues. Botox sends signals to your nerves to cause your muscles to relax. Other injectables fill in space in the targeted areas with the base to address concerns.
Botox is best for treating existing lines and wrinkles or preventing new ones from showing up. Other injectables are best when dealing with volume loss or folds in the face.
Both treatments help provide smoother, plumper-looking skin. If you’re considering Botox or other injectables, schedule a consultation with Beauty & Body By Mia to determine which treatment is best for you.
As time passes, we notice more visible signs of aging. Many of these signs can be attributed to volume loss in the skin. When facial tissue thins, we begin to see lines around our nose, mouth, and cheeks, and those lines can look hollow. Dermal fillers are one way to smooth lines and wrinkles by replacing lost volume in the skin, restoring a more youthful look to the face.
What Are Injectable Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injected beneath the skin to smooth lines and wrinkles, soften creases, enhance facial contours, and restore lost skin volume. The fillers are made of a gel-like substance, and different formulas are available. Over a million men and women choose facial rejuvenation through dermal fillers each year. The treatment can be cost-effective and help you look younger without the pain and downtime associated with surgery.
Things to Know About Dermal Fillers
If you’re considering dermal fillers, there are a few things you should understand before you go to your appointment. Here are five of those facts.
- They could be temporary. Dermal fillers typically last about six months. Sometimes, the effects can last longer. However, you should expect temporary results that are designed to put off any surgical intervention.
- Some are all-natural, and some are synthetic. Some fillers are derived from things naturally produced in the body, like hyaluronic acid and collagen. Other fillers are made from synthetic ingredients but are proven to be safe and highly effective.
- They are best used on the face. Many ask if injectable fillers can be used on other areas of the body to avoid cosmetic surgery. The FDA has not approved injectable fillers for use in other areas of the body. It would take much more filler for larger areas than for the face. The face has areas that are more easily targeted by the injectables.
- There is a low risk of side effects. Injectables are in a gel-like form, and they are placed just beneath the skin. There is a very low risk of side effects as the injectable works to restore skin volume and smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- Always choose someone qualified to do the injections. Be cautious when selecting your practitioner. You want to choose someone capable of doing the procedure. An inexperienced practitioner could place the injectable in the wrong place or within a blood vessel causing complications or unwanted results.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you’re interested in dermal fillers and how they can help you look younger, contact Beauty & Body by Mia to learn what dermal fillers can do for you!