Glo & Go Peels
Fast, effective, and simple, our Glo & Go Peels are designed for patients pressed for time but who do not want to sacrifice results. Administered as a paste, our unique formula gently resurfaces your face to reveal youthful, vibrant new skin. It’s perfect for all skin types and can correct both texture problems and visible imperfections.
How Does It Work?
Our Glo & Go Peels are designed to provide substantial, visible results in a short amount of time, and yet they are gentle and suitable for all skin types (including sensitive skin). A special gel is applied to problem areas of the face and allowed to react with the skin and oxygen in the environment. This reaction causes the skin to begin the process of renewal, sloughing off old, dull, dying skin to reveal brilliant, youthful skin beneath.
The Benefits of Glo & Go Peels
- Fast – designed for those with minimal time but who demand visible results
- Get real results with just one treatment
- Correct visible imperfections in the skin
- Corrects skin texture problems
- Reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Treats sun damage
- Reduces the appearance of scarring (including acne scars)
- Controls freckles, age spots, and melasma
Who Is the Best Candidate for Glo & Go Peels?
Our Glo & Go Peels are suitable for almost anyone who wants to rejuvenate their face. Fast, effective, and gentle enough for those with sensitive skin, Glo & Go Peels fight the signs of aging while resurfacing your skin to reveal a youthful, vibrant glow.
Learn more about our Glo & Go Peels and how they work.
Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Light superficial and medium depth peels are effective exfoliating, regenerating and stimulating treatments for a variety of skin problems.
It is imperative that to safely and effectively prepare your skin for a chemical peel that you use a complete clinical skin care regimen for a minimum of 14 days. This prep period allows the skin to become use to different exfoliating ingredients and acids. Prepping the skin beforehand also allows the melanin levels (color) in your skin to become regulated and receive the peel safely. The client needs to wear proper sunscreen during the prep period.
You will be asked to discontinue use of Retin A, Retinols, Vitamin A creams and other topic medications for 3-5 days before your chemical peel. It is required that you wear a sunscreen daily and use the appropriate home care topical products. No waxing, shaving, or threading in area being treated.
It is suggested when scheduling this treatment to allow some down time just in case the skin exfoliation is more than expected. Even though there may be anticipated peeling, the skin, at various stages of progress, may experience heavier sloughing. Usually this is never more than 1 or 2 days. However, some clients don’t peel at all and some can peel up to 10 days. Whether your skin peels a little, a lot or not at all doesn’t mean the treatment was or wasn’t affective. It is impossible to predict exactly what may happen to the skin. Listed is a general description of what to anticipate.
- Immediately following the treatment, the skin will feel very smooth and tight.
- The skin will generally begin peeling in 2 to 3 days; how ever peeling can take place anytime for the next 7 days.
- The skin does not always visibly peel. It may take 2 to 3 treatments for this to happen. There are many other advantages from a skin peel.
- Benefits from these procedures may be smoother and softer skin, a healthier glow, less oil, more moisture, refined pores, an improvement in discoloration, diminished fine lines and increased acne control.
- Please keep in mind that an average of 6 chemical peels are recommended each spaced 3 weeks apart to achieve significant improvement in the appearance and condition of the skin. After the series of treatments are completed to maintain the results the client should stay on a complete daily skin regimen and return every 4-8 weeks for a professional exfoliation treatment.
- DO NOT wash your face for 8 hours
- Use a post treatment kit for 5-10 days before returning to your normal skin care regimen
- Do not overheat your skin for 48 hours after the chemical peel: this includes, sweating, exercising, extremely hot showers, or blow-dryers.
- ONLY use mineral make-up for 48 hours following the chemical peel
- DO NOT at any time pick at peeling or sloughing skin
- DO NOT use a washcloth on your face or a scrub for 7 days
VITAMIN C RETINOL SKIN PEEL
This peel is designed to remove epidermal layers of skin using an appropriate acid solution. This type of peeling is used to help “dry out” active acne, reduce shallow wrinkling and scarring, in some cases lighten hyper pigmented areas (dark patches), and to improve the overall appearance and health of sun- damaged and aging skin.
Before the acid is applied, it is necessary to prepare and de-fat the skin. This is accomplished in part by cleansing and using a prep solution. You may be given a small hand held fan which may lessen some of the stinging sensation when the solutions are applied. This discomfort lasts usually for about 5 to 10 minutes.
When the treatment is finished, the skin may have a frosted white appearance. This is caused from the solution and usually fades within a few hours. The skin may also be very red and will continue to redden and feel sensitive over the next 24 hours. The skin becomes very tight and dry and there may be very slight swelling. This is normal.** The outcome of the peel depends solely on YOU! No picking at the skin. Do not expose treated areas to direct sunlight for 2 weeks. 4 weeks is better and never getting direct sun is, of course, optimal.
We recommend using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer as well as a physical SPF 30+ for the first 2-3 days after the treatment. *Expect peeling the 3rd or 4th day after after application.
- After 48-72 hours you can return to your normal corrective daily regimen. This should include retinol or Retin A and a physical SPF 50
- A series of 5-8 sessions are recommended with treatments being spaced approximately 2-4 weeks apart depending on level of peel.